10 Summer Activities You Can Still Squeeze Into Your Schedule
- Posted on: Aug 19 2016
The summer is fading into fall and it is time to squeeze those last summer activities into your schedule! Check out my top 10 favorites with helpful links here:
- Go To the Drive-In Movie! There are a couple to choose from. For those closer to Salt Lake City, try Redwood Drive-In or the Motor Vu Drive-In in Riverdale.
- Play Mini Golf! Try Swan Lakes Golf in Layton or Cherry Hill in Kaysville.
- Pick peaches! Peaches are in season! Don’t want to pick your own? Take a road trip to Brigham City and buy fresh from the road-side stands. Here is a guide to find what you like.
- Make lemonade from scratch! Check out this healthy recipe for all to enjoy.
- Mountain bike those beautiful trails! We have to take advantage of these beautiful mountains before they are covered in snow and we can’t wear shorts anymore. Here is a guide to the best trails in Utah.
- Picnic in the park! Grab a blanket, make some sandwiches and unplug in the sunshine. There’s nothing quite so relaxing as lying on your back watching the clouds go by. This article lists the 15 most amazing picnic spots in Utah.
- Stargaze! Summer is the best time to see the skies at night, maybe even a shooting star! Read this article on the top 5 stargazing spots.
- Go play in a lake! You can do a quick trip to many lakes and reservoirs that aren’t too far and don’t require too much fuss. Check out this list for the best places to swim and play in the sand.
- Take a train ride! The Heber Creeper is a beautiful ride in the summertime and a lovely way to spend a day.
- Catch a baseball game! There’s nothing so summer-y as baseball! The Ogden Raptors and Salt Lake Bees are good for a fun summer night!
Have fun, stay safe, and squeeze these fun activities into your summer. Have any ideas I haven’t listed here? Let me know! Email me at [email protected]
Tagged with: UpBeat
Posted in: Blog