The appearance of your skin is often a good indication of your overall health. When you eat healthy foods that nourish the body, your skin tends to be blemish-free and have a noticeable glow to it. If your diet could use an overhaul, keep in mind healthy foods that benefit your skin also benefit your body. Here are some foods you will want to pick up the next time you visit the grocery store:
- Blueberries: This delicious food has anti-oxidants that clear up acne by eliminating toxins from the body.
- Kale: Rich in Vitamin C, Kale has anti-inflammatory power that reduces bloating and puffiness in the face.
- Mangos: This fruit boosts the production of collagen for smooth, younger-looking skin.
- Salmon: This fish product offers Omega 3 that the body doesn’t produce on its own. Omega 3 helps to give the skin a smooth appearance.
- Tomatoes: A diet that includes plenty of tomatoes reduces skin redness and wrinkles because its vitamins provide extra protection from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Also, don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Dehydration can cause the skin to become dry and flaky in addition to causing tightness that can lead to premature wrinkles.