Hydration + Facial = Wintertime Bliss
- Posted on: Feb 15 2019
Utah winters can be tough on your skin and your moods. Couple the dry winter indoor air with the yucky outdoor inversions and your facial skin isn’t a happy camper. But at Dr. Joseph’s, we have a solution — HydraFacial MD®.
A few months back, Dr. Jensen added a new option for improving your facial skin — HydraFacial MD®. In case you missed the news, here’s some more information about this procedure that is taking the aesthetic world by storm.
What is HydraFacial MD®?
HydraFacial MD® is hydradermabrasion. What exactly is that? It combines deep cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and anti-oxidant delivery simultaneously in a four-step process. The treatment delivers some amazing improvements in your skin, all in a relaxing, painless 30 minutes.
Our HydraFacial MD® treatments involve four steps to cleanse, evenly exfoliate, extract impurities, and replenish vital nutrients, including hyaluronic acid.
- Vortex-Exfoliation — This step uses the first head of HydraFacial MD’s proprietary wand with a gentle rotating brush combined with suction. Activ-4 serum is used to help remove dead surface skin cells and open the pores.
- Vortex-Peel — This step utilizes Glysal serum to create a light peel with glycolic and salicylic acid.
- Vortex-Extraction — A Beta-HD serum is used in step three with vortex suction to clean out the pores.
- Vortex-Fusion — This is the replenishing step, where one of four Antiox+ serums is applied through the wand to your clean, exfoliated skin. This replenishes the skin with antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
What are the serum options for step four?
One of the cool features that Dr. Jensen loves about our new HydraFacial MD® is that it can be varied depending on your specific skin type. This happens with the infusion of various serums.
After cleaning and exfoliation, the HydraFacial MD® procedure infuses various serums to replenish your skin. We offer four different serums, depending on your unique skin needs.
- Brightalive Booster Serum — Designed to brighten skin tone and lessen the appearance of discoloration.
- Growth Factor Boost — Contains naturally occurring proteins specifically designed to restore skin health, which helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dermabuilder Boost — Designed to effectively address fine lines, skin tone evenness, and texture.
- Britenol Boost — Specially formulated to target dark spots and sun-damaged areas.
Interested in overcoming the winter blues with HydraFacial MD®? Call Dr. Joseph at (801) 728-9258 and make an appointment for this great procedure.
Posted in: HydraFacial