You don’t have to ruin your makeup bobbing for apples. Just make this decadent baked apple recipe and keep the hair-do dry!
Ingredients – Apples:
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp grated nutmeg
⅓ cup dried cranberries or raisins
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
1 cup hot water
Ingredients – Salted Caramel Sauce:
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup half and half
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions – Apples:
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and tsp nutmeg and stir with a fork. Stir in dried cranberries or raisins and set aside.
- Wash and core the apples using a melon baller, or small paring knife, leaving base intact to keep the filling in! Place apples in a casserole dish big enough to hold apples without touching.
- Divide the filling evenly between apples. Top each stuffed apple with ½ Tbsp butter, top with walnuts (optional) and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Pour hot water into the casserole dish and bake for 45-60 minutes or until apples are soft (but not mushy).
- Serve warm with Salted Caramel Sauce drizzled on top.
Directions – Salted Caramel Sauce:
Add all caramel sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan and place over medium-low heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened, whisking gently. Transfer sauce to a container and serve. Once sauce is cooled to room temp, cover and refrigerate.